Saturday 11 October 2008

The Pedant's Place to Vent.

pedant |ˈpɛd(ə)nt| noun a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

I originally started this blog as something else. However, after several months and only a few posts, I have decided to start again. Over the years I have become increasingly frustrated by the apparent lack of regard for the English language, either in the form of the spoken or written word. Where these annoyances used to come from people who had an excuse for not knowing any better, that is no longer the case. It now seems as though it is okay for anyone to use bad grammar. Now, before I go on, I want you to know that I am not some kind of English Scholar or literary master. I am just an ordinary person who thinks that the standard of education has slipped drastically over the last decade or so.

I have decided that, while this situation annoys me greatly, it would be interesting to see what other people think. This blog is intended to be a fun place where people can have a vent and get things off their chest. Please send me your photos and screenshots of the things you see. Whether it is on a website, a billboard, in a shop, I would love to see what annoys the rest of the people out there.

To get things started I have up-loaded two photos that I took with my phone. These were in a large chain store who I would have thought would have known better.






So, you see the kind of thing I am looking for. I look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

timtranslates said...

What's wrong with the first one?

Kal-El said...

This one catches a lot of people out. It should be "Drawer" but I will let you off as many others have failed to notice this error.